TaxRise is a national leader in tax relief and the fastest-growing company in its vertical. Based out of Southern California, TaxRise represents clients in all 50 states and has been successfully negotiating with the IRS since 2017. Most notably, TaxRise is known for taking a “modern approach to tax relief” and developing proprietary technology to assist in the processing of their cases.
- Money-back guarantee. TaxRise offers a variety of guarantees including a money-back guarantee for its ability to secure its clients into a tax resolution.
- Large in-house staff. TaxRise has a total staff of more than 120 employees to serve its clientele. The TaxRise tax department consists of 8 tax professionals certified to negotiate with the IRS on behalf of its clients.
- Full-Spectrum Resolution Options. TaxRise offers all resolution options available per the IRS Fresh Start Program.
- Minimum tax debt of $5,000. To qualify to be a TaxRise client, taxpayers must have at least $5,000 in tax debt, which is less than the minimum required by most tax relief firms.
- Retainer required. TaxRise requires an upfront retainer fee to begin working on a case. The retainer fee covers the cost of the initial case discovery and tax investigation and is later deducted from the total resolution fee.
- State tax relief options. TaxRise is able to resolve tax debt in all 50-states.
TaxRise claims its average Offer in Compromise case is settled for less than 90% of tax debt originally owed. This number is extremely impressive considering OICs are notoriously difficult to get approved. TaxRise maintains such a high success rate primarily because they are extremely selective with whom they take on as an OIC client. They claim that they only take on cases they can win. If you are able to be a TaxRise client, congratulations. But know that just because you have tax debt, does not mean that TaxRise will take you on. Because TaxRise is more selective, they do offer free consultations to potential clients to determine their eligibility.
There are a number of guarantees for TaxRise’s services ranging from a money-back guarantee for placing its clients in resolution plans to no-cost rejection appeals. In total, TaxRise offers four separate guarantee policies for their different services. Learn more about TaxRise’s guarantee policy.
Based on a recent phone call with TaxRise’s resolution team, they were extremely helpful and truthful regarding the type of cases that require a tax relief firm and which cases were better handled personally. However, based on their BBB and other reviews, the main complaint seems to be the infrequency of communication with their clients. According to a TaxRise spokesperson, a newly implemented client portal system was created to remedy the issue and increase transparency for their process.
Additionally, Essam Abdullah, TaxRise CEO and founder tells us, “we’ve expanded our internal and external compliance departments specifically to identify areas where we can continue to improve our client services. We’ve already seen a tremendous increase in client satisfaction since the implementation of the department and we’re expected to continue that trend with the introduction of our client portal.”
TaxRise has dealt with some massive growing pains as it made its way to becoming a nationally recognized tax relief agency, but its impressive track record for success should not be ignored. While they are more selective with their clients, if TaxRise deems you a worthy candidate, it might do you well to take them up. After all, they’re putting their success record on the line.
TaxRise is one of the fastest-growing tax relief firms in the country. Based out of Southern California, TaxRise represents clients across all 50 states with their combined 30 years of experience. TaxRise boasts a 98.6% success rate with its Offer in Compromise cases. OICs are notoriously difficult to achieve, and TaxRise maintains a high success rate by being particular with who they chose to take on as a client. To check a potential client’s eligibility before signing them on to their services, TaxRise offers free consultations to their customers. While they are more selective with their clients, if TaxRise deems you a worthy candidate, it might do you well to take them up. After all, they’re putting their success record on the line.
- In House Tax Attorneys & CPAs
- Represents clients in all 50 states
- Free consultations
- Experienced with IRS Settlements
- Flexible Fee Structure
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Does not accept everyone as a client
- Small tax professional staff
- Customer Experience
- Success Rate
- Professional Staff